- Create logo(s) and branding for the event. Make web-ready versions, as soon as possible.
- Obtain Domain Name(s), as soon as, the event dates and times are locked in.
- Some web hosting companies include a domain, as part of hosting package.
- Maintain the website domain name hosting and web hosting separately.
- NetworkSolutions.net was used for SPDF2019 domains.
- Obtain web hosting and choose CMS, as soon as, the event dates and times are locked in.
- Obtain SSL certificate, if not included with web hosting.
- 2 weeks before the event; create an event schedule and determine the desired format for posting online.
- Create a welcome message.
- Create an Itinerary.
- Add accessibility tools to the website.
- Add Google translate to website.
- Collect local travel resources for visitors.
- Collect content, graphics, and photos for posting.
- Collect content for FAQs.
- Avoiding using PDFs, if and when possible.
- Create backups of the website, if backups are not included with the web hosting.
- WPEngine.com was used for SPDF2019.com
Determine which online registration platform is to be used.
- Eventbrite was used for SPDF2019.
Determine which email service will be used to send out mass emails to prospective attendees.
Collect content, graphics, and photos for emails
- Constant Contact was used for SPDF2019.
Contact IT/IS Dept., to have an email alias created for event contact, i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org
This email can also be used for setting up online accounts and services, i.e., Eventbrite, etc.
Produce promotional video(s) for the event. (optional)
Post video(s) on Youtube and embed on event web page(s).